Wrapped Up Lies by Aniytlia

Pretty little bows all tied up with string
The big man's waitin' for what this war'll bring
hopin' to find oil, hoping to find fear
but all he's found is human bloodlust and tears

Package on your doorstep, a letter in the mail
who knew that tomorrow would become today's hell?
missiles in the sky painted red blue and gold
'cause believe it or not, there's no purity to hold

Massive collages of men all dressed up and gritty
all with beating hearts, they're in the military
where many become one and lives are just a number
Too bad your daddy had to die last summer

Smoking trails of black powder hung deep in the sky
on the ground the flames of Hell become your funeral pyre
Mourning mothers search through the dead, all hoping to see
that the child that died today wasn't mine, just couldn't be

Grenades explode in bursts of fiery pain, heat, and death
while back home we fight a war on drugs, alcohol, and meth
what I don't understand is how we can fight another's war
when our own problems keep on a'knockin' down the door

Is oil so important that we would give our sons and daughters
like a ripple affect stretching out across our dryin' waters
clear is now blood as we wait for them to come home
Conquering the world, and then falling just like Rome

What am I to you? A little preacher with a pencil?
another teenage girl outlined with a stencil?
we're all the same to you aren't we? just another figure to lose
I bet you can't see my tears when I come home all bruised

'Cause there ain't none left for me, no more tears to cry
not when this girl's daddy, is a willin' to die
for something so empty as a threat for self-power
Not for some man's want for us to snivel and cower

But I can dream a bright hope, one I can just about see
but it's vague and distorted, out of shape and blurry
in this dream of mine, we're without fear all hope and loving
all one people on this world, like Martin Luther King.

But still I ain't nothin' to you, nothing but some words on paper
thin and insubstatial, about as strong as water vapor
but I bet you got a dream too, where your children can grow
without being beat down and their thoughts bein' hollow

Without dark eyes starin' back at you, not a dream in the world
'cause you made the choice for them, you made this unfurl
when we wage war for something so trivial, that we kill for oil
just like true monsters, we've plenty of blood and bone to boil

Blink away the tears, now I'm grown and a soldier
I ain't got no time to dream, I've grown a lot colder
I'm just another body in a long, twisted line
watching on the clock, wondering which time's my time

I grew up just like daddy, ready to die for black water
no longer little thinking, little hope bringing daughter
I ain't nothin' but a killer, armed with guns and empty thoughts
Lies wrapped up with string and never ending knots

I bet you can't guess what happened to little old me
when I was taking shelter behind some big old oak tree
all the warning I got was another loud bang
and then I realized all my songs had been brutally sang

I lay there bleeding, a little smile on my face,
thinking back to my son, across time's great space
A cute little American boy, grown up on TV
He'd soon join a world that he'd never get to see

His hair would get cut, his soul'd be sold
He'd be beaten and trained to hunt for black gold
Little American boy grown just like his mom and grandpop
this hellish circle of death, just ain't never gonna stop.

Package on your doorstep, a letter in the mail
who knew that tomorrow would become today's hell?
missiles in the sky painted red blue and gold
'cause believe it or not, there's no purity to hold

(C) Mackiel Benson,  [Written at Age 14]


Bookmark and Share FREE MEMBERSHIP | The Web | Blogger | Twitter | Facebook | Helium