Memories from the Green Mill by poeticGeek

“We are all born crazy,
Its just that some of us stay that way”.
Says the writing on the mens bathroom wall.
I return to my seat
The band is still playing the same song
A happy tune that reminds me of you
Everything reminds me of you.
I’ve already lost control of my mind
My thoughts control me without mercy
The memories hold me like a stringed puppet
I try to fight them
But I never had a chance.
I am drawn to pictures of the past
The melody is left behind
Its you that I see over and over again
I see the reflection of myself
Staring at me from the memory of your eyes.
A feeling of pain brings me back
The candle’s wax drips on my hand
But I do not stop it, I use it,
If only for a moment it distracts me
I savor the realness of the pain.
The guitar plays on my heart’s strings
The bass shakes a tear from my eye
It falls into my empty glass
My voice shakes as I call for another drink.
The players are already playing a new song
And I am left only to surrender
So I lean back in my seat,
I let the pure music run through my body,
The alcohol numb my senses
As the memories sweep the whole of me.



The original Hebrew version:

~ זיכרונות מהטחנה הירוקה ~

“כולנו נולדנו משוגעים,
רק חלקנו נשארנו כך”.
אומרת ההודעה שעל קיר שרותי הגברים.
אני חוזר למקומי
הלהקה עדיין מנגנת את אותו השיר
שיר שמח שמזכיר לי אותך
הכול מזכיר לי אותך.
איבדתי כבר שליטה על מוחי
המחשבות שולטות בי בלי רחמים
הזיכרונות מחזיקים בי כבובה על חוטים
אני מנסה להלחם בהם
אך לא היה לי סיכוי מעולם.
אני נשאב אל תמונות העבר
המנגינה נשארת ברקע
רואה אותך שוב ושוב
מסתכל על השתקפות עצמי
שמביטה בי מתוך זיכרון עיניך.
כאב מחזירני אל ההווה
שעוות הנר מטפטפת על ידי
אך אינני מפסיקה, משמשת אותי,
אם רק לרגע מסיחה היא דעתי
מתענג לזמן קצר על הכאב המוחשי.
הגיטרה פורטת על תווי נשמתי
הבאס מרעיד את הדמעה מעיני
נופלת היא לתוך כוסי הריקה,
קולי רועד כשאני קורא לעוד משקה.
הנגנים כבר עוברים לשיר הבא
ולי לא נותר אלא להיכנע
אז אני נשען אחורה בכיסאי,
נותן למוזיקה הטהורה לעבור דרכי,
לאלכוהול להקהות חושיי
ולזיכרונות שוב לסחוף את כול כולי.

(C) PoeticGeek
Bookmark and Share View Our Products FREE MEMBERSHIP | The Web | Blogger | Twitter | Facebook | Helium