The Red Sea by poeticgeek (blog)

Silence,
The world shrinks to a blue ribbon
I lean on the water line
Listening to the sea telling his story
It’s a familiar one, he tells:
Of love long forgotten
Of Innocence stolen
Of a war that never ended
But he also whispers of Hope.
Eyes skywards, I float
I can feel the world’s curvature
Can feel the life it stores
Feel all the words it holds
And yet he tells:
Of bitter disappointment
Of long-lasting sorrow
Of the broken human spirit
Yet he also sings of Hope.
The wild sun sears my skin
Her staring eye she never shuts
So I close my eyes
Let myself sink slowly
As I listen to the sea telling his story.



The original Hebrew version:
 ~ הים האדום ~

שקט,

העולם מצטמצם לפס כחול

אני מתפרש על קו המים

ומאזין לים המספר את סיפורו

זהו סיפור מוכר, הוא מספר:

על אהבה שנשכחה

על תמימות שנגנבה

על מלחמה שלעולם לא נגמרה

אך לוחש גם על תקווה.

עיניים מופנות למעלה, אני צף

מרגיש את קימורו של העולם

מרגיש את החיים שבתוכו הוא עוצר

מרגיש את כל המילים שהוא לא אומר

ובכל זאת מספר:

על אכזבה כאובה

על עצבות ארוכה

על רוח האדם שנשברה

אך שר הוא גם על תקווה.

השמש הפראית את עורי צורבת

את עינה החודרת לא עוצמת

אז את עיניי אני סוגר

ולאט שוקע אל קירבו
ומקשיב לים כשהוא מספר סיפורו

(C) PoeticGeek Blog

This one I finished last Sunday, November 15th, 2009 while visiting the beautiful San Francisco.

Thoughts about this poem though came while visiting Eilat(Israel’s Southernmost city) which sits on the Red Sea(Yam Suf).

Hope you enjoy it.

The standard disclaimers apply, the poem was originally written in Hebrew therefore the translation may lose or change some of the meanings, rhyming, wordplay, etc.

Posted by yoavniran in Poetry.

Bookmark and Share View Our Products FREE MEMBERSHIP | The Web | Blogger | Twitter | Facebook | Helium