... a reason to fly by Laura Swift

We stand upon a tower looking onto the city below and we take a deep breath in and I think of all the things you've ever told me; taught me.

And I'm back in that moment; the moment that we sat with our arms side by side, touching for the first time in a year, when you told me that “people like average because they can relate.”
It was then that I realised that if I ever wanted another shot then I would need you to relate to me.
I'd need to be on your level.
At the top of perfection.
But I thought about it and it became apparent that perfection doesn't need perfection.
Perfect needs average as without it, it would cease to exist.
It balances, counting on the average to stay in the middle, drifting as their support as the justification for it's title.
So I took this theory and I decided to attempt to prove how much you mean to me in the only way I know how; in the mediocrity of my writing


Read the entire poem HERE


(C) Laura Swift


Subscribe Share/Bookmark FREE MEMBERSHIP The Web Blogger Twitter Facebook HeliumView Our Products No Clean Feed - Stop Internet Censorship in Australia