Honest Love by StormSage

When I fall in love
I fall hard
and usually fast

I have known what
love feels like
an emotion unsurpassed.

So many times my feelings
were not mutual
never to be returned.

Although it took some years,
in time
my lesson was learned.

As much as you may
love someone and
believe your future in their hands lies

It is not always the case
the love is returned
the future is different in their eyes.

It is a painful hollow feeling
leaving your soul
and the pit of your stomach churning

One of the hardest lessons
life can dish out
but one that is worth learning.

True love can not be forced
nor is it
at any time guaranteed

But when you find that one and
love joins both souls -
it will be unconditionally.

(C) Leanne Elliott

Subscribe Share/Bookmark MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Selected Amazon Links:
Physiology of a Broken Heart
Poetry from a Broken Heart
Poetry for the Chronically Heart Broken and Depressed