The Lost Art Of The Handwritten Note by Alison Travels

When was the last time you sat down with a pen and paper and took the time to write a note to someone? I know that I used to do it a lot more when my grandparents were alive to let them know I was thinking of them. In college, I sent them small items that were made in town along with a note to tell them a little about what I was doing each day and what it was like to live there.

On my journey last year, I took a watercolor set with me and started to paint each campsite view from the picnic table in small postcard size papers. That lasted about 3 campsites. I then bought some beautiful postcards with our national parks to send and, you guessed it...I still have them. However, I did buy some watercolor cards for kids in Yellowstone, painted them and sent them to a few friends. That was the extent of sending a hand written note in the mail.

Isn't it a great feeling to get a nice note in the mail or a postcard from someone? Each day I sort through the junk that comes in the mail and when I see something that is handwritten to me, it's an exciting day! This year, I will try to send more postcards. Perhaps, taking my national park cards and actually sending them out.

Read the entire post here.

(C) Alison Travels 

Subscribe  Share/Bookmark MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected