The Long Beach Roller Derby by Alison Travels

In the midst of getting ready to leave to drive around the country, I thought it was a good idea to get out for some local entertainment, or how the derby describes it is, "girl on girl traction." Lucky for me, the Long Beach Roller Derby was having their second bout so I had to go watch this exciting event! I missed the opening night since I thought it would be ok just to show up. Big mistake. For the second time, the event sold out. I learned my lesson and bought the tickets early.

When I arrived, the line to get in was pretty long. I snapped pictures of the crowd and this little girl caught my attention. She was so interested in the roller girl, but hiding behind her parents as she watched her skaway.

Read the entire post and view more images here.

Copyright © Alison Travels

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Selected Amazon Links:
Cosmic Trends: Astrology Connects the Dots
Everyday Culture: Finding and Making Meaning in a Changing World
Street Trends: How Today's Alternative Youth Cultures Are Creating Tomorrow's Mainstream