2009: My Year Revisited by Alison Travels (SSC Blogger's Top 7)


It's the last day of 2009 and usually that means we all take a look at year and see what worked, what didn't and make d tsolutions for the new year to be a better person in one way or another.

As with most, I continue to strive to be the best me I can be. I thought I would try and write about my year and reacap all of the events, emotions and epiphany's I had in 2009.

American Life Today. I profiled an American each day in 2009, asking them 5 different questions about their life. It was a fun project learning about so many people, but ended late August when I was on the road and didn't have the time to post any longer. Thank you so much to everyone who participated!

In the midst of looking ahead,
I forgot to take care of a tooth ache that came and went for several years. This time it was too late. In February, I had apicoectomy. It's the fun surgery where they drill into your gums on the side of your face to redo a root canal that didn't hold the first time...while you are awake. Not fun.

I recovered from that and continued on my way...living life, saying yes to opportunities, dreaming, wondering what was next. I celebrated life...a lot. I went to parties, had parties at my house, enjoyed the night life. After a weekend in Palm Springs, I had enough of it. I was tired of being tired. I decided on April 5th that it was time to
stop the constant celebrating of every day of my life with a drink in hand. I put down the drink and haven't picked it up since. It wasn't easy, but I knew that once I set my mind to something, I could do it. I stopped going to parties, and started reflecting on my life and what was really important to me. Living.

The following month I was offered an opportunity to participate in an
O magazine shoot. Of course I jumped at the chance to do it! It was quite the experience. The final shot that appeared in the magazine is shown HERE.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected


The first few months wereaa a blur. I just came back from being on the road with my eog Maggie ane my small 4x9 teardrop trailer named, "trailie". I was trying to figua out what was next for us. I just started a little project I had in mind at the end of 2008 called

Read the entire post here (a very interesting and adventourous gal indeed!)

Copyright © AlisonTravels


Selected Amazon Links:
Creative Blogging: Your First Steps to a Successful Blog Be Your Own Editor Creative Journal Writing: The Art and Heart of Reflection

We use to help generate traffic to this site; why not try it today free!! Or check out the new affliates program - Webmasters Sign Up Here!