Taking a Class and Watching a Fight by Alison Travels



I am always up for learning something new. I was lucky enough to be able to take a flash class at the Julia Dean Photography School in Venice beach for the day. Most of my photographs use natural light so I wanted to take a class to use a flash the correct way in certain situations. It was very informative with both technical learning in the class room and a few assignments in the field.


I love people watching in Venice beach. We all had a partner and an assignment to go out and practice using a flash for a fill light. My partner and I walked down the boardwalk and I found a spot where he would be sitting in the shade for practice. He sat there and I started taking his photograph and playing with my camera settings when this man approached us. He stood pretty close to me and was obviously out of it. He couldn't focus on me and he smelled like death. He tried to tell us how to get the best shot and how to compose it to make it look interesting. I didn't like how close he was standing next to us. My partner was nice and said, "oh yes, thank you for that information" while I backed away and waited for him to leave.


Read the entire post and view more pictures by Alison HERE

Copyright © Alison Turner

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Selected Amazon Links:
Christopher Grey's Studio Lighting Techniques for Photography: Tricks of the Trade for Professional Digital Photographers Artificial Lighting for Photography Just One Flash: A Practical Approach to Lighting for Digital Photography

We use Pingler.com to help generate traffic to this site; why not try it today free!! Or check out the new affliates program - Webmasters Sign Up Here!