A Travel in My Mind by Ann Åhsberg

I'm sitting at my kitchen table.
A trip in my mind take me to Jämtland.
Hear eaves drop on the metal window sill, the sun is in a good mood.

Make my backpack and go to Ottsjön.
The snow was almost melted away.
I walk the path through the woods,
and follow the lakeside.

Hear the sound of flapping wings
and feel the breeze. Bird of prey
leave it’s familiar spot in the bay.
I stand absolutely still. Powerful to be so close, feel very small.
Continuing to a shelter at the beach where I take my picnic.

The air is chilly, but the sun caresses my cold cheek. A sense of spring has been planted in my soul.

Copyright © Ann Åhsberg

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Selected Amazon Links:
Water for Elephants The book of American Negro poetry She Walks in Beauty: A Woman's Journey Through Poems